Calling all past, present and future LACASIS&T members! Come join us for our LACASIST 50th Anniversary Program
The Los Angeles Chapter of the American Society for Information Science & Technology (LACASIST), founded in 1961, commemorates its fiftieth year of activities across the Los Angeles region. Our members hail from all parts of the state of California, Western states, and Hawaii. All those who have ever participated in the Chapter’s activities are welcome to attend our program and contribute to our anniversary website (http://history.lacasist.org/) with your comments. We are pleased to invite you to share in our anniversary celebration by attending our upcoming program.
Speakers and Special Guests:
- Dr. Robert Hayes, Founder of the Los Angeles Chapter of the American Documentation Institute (ADI), now Los Angeles Chapter of ASIS&T, was awarded the Chapter’s 1989 Contributions to Information Science and Technology Award (CISTA) and the 1993 ASIS Award of Merit.
- Dr. Nicholas Belkin, to be awarded the Chapter’s 2011 Contributions to Information Science and Technology Award (CISTA), is a past ASIS&T President and recipient of the 2003 ASIS&T Award of Merit, the 1997 ASIS Research Award, and the 1990 ASIS Outstanding Information Science Teacher Award.
We invite LACASIST past and present members to contribute to our Anniversary website at http://history.lacasist.org/.
Registration closes: June 17, 2011
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. Program registration, Library Tours and Hosted Wine Bar: Seeing old friends & making new friends
- 6:00-6:45 p.m. Dinner: Mediterranean Buffet
- 6:45-7:00 p.m. Dessert and Introductions
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Program: Dr. Hayes and Dr. Belkin presentations
- 9:00-9:30 p.m. Questions for speakers
Registration includes Parking, Tour, Hosted Wine Bar, Mediterranean Buffet, and a Fabulous Program