We’re getting together for coffee and crepes this Saturday morning to discuss:
- McKinley Scholarship
- what’s going on next for the chapter
Hope you can make it!
UPDATE: We will be meeting via Zoom only due to limited attendance in-person.
Another month has passed by!
We’re meeting in San Gabriel Valley again. This time at U2 Cafe & BBQ for some Hong Kong style breakfast. Sorry to disappoint, but it’s just spam and eggs, which is good enough for Grace. Agenda below.
We’ll also be using Zoom if you’re not able to join in person.
Continue reading March 4 Board Meeting
February is already here! Now that we’re out of the holiday chaos, we’re back to meeting in person (and of course online via Zoom).
- Date: Saturday, February 4, 2017
- Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- In-person. Atlantic Seafood & Dim Sum Restaurant, 500 N Atlantic Blvd Ste 200, Monterey Park, CA. Located within the Atlantic Times Square and can be found on the second floor above 24 Hour Fitness.
- Online. Join us via Zoom. We’ll be bringing a tripod and hope that the place won’t get too rowdy to broadcast.
Here’s a rough agenda:
- Upcoming meetups:
- Feb 18, World IA Day Los Angeles unofficial afterparty
- March 10, Code4lib conference unofficial afterparty
- April meetup
- May meetup
- June unconference
- Awards and scholarships:
- McKinley scholarship
- Travel funds
Are we expecting you? RSVP on Meetup.com
Our first board/planning meeting of 2017 is this Saturday! We’re meeting online using Zoom Cloud Meetings, so hopefully you’ll be able to join us.
UPDATE 1/5: Moved the meeting from 1/7 to 1/14
UPDATE 1/13: Updated Zoom link.
Continue reading January 2017 Board Meeting
We’re meeting virtually for the winter holidays.
- Recap of the Pre-Holiday Mixer on Nov 30, 2016
- Meetup topics for 2017
- What went well?
- What went wrong?
- What could we do differently to improve?
- Sponsoring events:
- Status and action items for sponsoring World IA Day Los Angeles
- Status and action items for sponsoring Code4Lib
- Travel scholarships and McKinley Awards
- Action items for providing travel scholarships for the IA Summit 2017
This event will be at the BJs in Westwood. There are drinks for purchase at the bar and appetizers will be provided. There is no fee to attend. This is a 21+ event.
Parking: A few public lots are available around the area, metered street parking and some residential parking. Please read parking signs carefully.
Join us — let’s start making LACASIS&T chapter better.
In a couple of weeks, we’ll be meeting again at the Pasadena Public Library for our second board meeting for 2016-2017. We hope you can join us.
Last month, we had a heart-to-heart discussion about what LACASIS&T meant to us and why or how we should keep it going. We had a great mix of members who attended including veteran members who have been with the Los Angeles chapter for more than 15 years to recent MLIS graduates.
The meeting is rather small, but let us know if you’ll be attending via Facebook or the form below.
- Date: Saturday, November 5, 2016
- Time: 10am – 12 pm or later
- Location: Pasadena Public Library
- RSVP via Facebook Event
- McKinely scholarships
- Procedures & tasks
- Board health & membership
- ID recruitment targets (ASIS&T Lists) with future time commitment
- Determine methods & action items
- Can we sponsor a newly appointed librarian’s ASIS&T membership?
- Bring back monthly board meetings?
- Visibility & Marketing
- Sponsoring existing events, sponsoring social events, hosting our own events
- Include LACASIS&T survey of needs
- Dim Sum? End of Year Party?
- LACASIS&T poster session with appetizers and drinks
- Student Chapters outreach